Day 1: Eilat – Petra
- Your one day tour from Eilat, Israel to Petra will take you to the unique and enchanted city of Petra.
- Fully guided, including all transportation and entrance fees during the tour, Jordan visa issued in advance and our Jordan board crossing assistance. This tour is the most popular and complete package offered from Israel to Petra.
- You will be picked up from Arava border crossing by one of our representatives and knowledgeable employees.
- After clearing immigration and customs, you will be met by one of our multi-lingual Jordanian representatives who will drive you from the Aqaba border station, through the majestic Jordanian desert landscapes, to your first stop on this unique tour – Petra.
- You will spend the day touring Petra one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Petra, also known as the “Red Rose City”, is a remarkable tourist site. It was originally inhabited by the Nabateans more than 2000 year ago, and later rediscovered 200 years ago, it is described by UNESCO as ‘one of the most precious cultural properties of man’s cultural heritage’. During your tour in Petra, you’ll explore the famous landmarks and hidden corners of the site, standing in awe at the impressiveness of man’s construction.
- After the guided tour, you will proceed to one of the local Jordanian restaurants for an authentic Jordanian lunch.
- After you finish a fantastic day in this unforgettable location, you will embark on your return trip to Israel, and pass by the renowned resort city of Aqaba, for a panoramic view. From here you will continue to the border station. After completing border procedures.
It might look like a long day, but the life-long memories you’ll be left with at the end of the Petra Tour will make it worth!
Petra Jordan Tour Estimated Time Schedule
- 08:00 Meet and assist at “Arava” crossing border issuing visa on arrival to Jordan.
- 09:00 The “Desert way” from the border to Petra along the vast desert highway.
- 11:30 Arrival to Petra, guided tour in the pink heritage city.
- 15:30 Lunch at a local authentic restaurant.
- 16:30 Drive southwards back to Aqaba through Wadi Rum.
- 18:30 Arrival to Aqaba. If time permits short panoramic tour at the city.
- 19:00 “Arava” border pass, crossing the border back to Israel.
- Pickup from Jordan board and transfer to Petra.
- Full transfers during the tour in Jordan.
- Visa to Jordan. We issue the visa in advance. Border and visa fees will be collected in cash only from the tourists in Petra.
- Full assistance at Jordan border crossing in both direction.
- Entrance fees to all sites according to our itinerary.
- Government licensed tour guide in your chosen language.
- Lunch in Petra - Jordanian authentic local restaurant.
- We take a photocopy of your passport details before the tour and arrange the visa for you in advance. You receive the visa at the border on the day of your trip. Full assistance.
- Petra tour is non-refundable.
- Jordan border fees $65 and visa to Jordan $75. Border and visa fees will be collected in cash only from the tourists in Petra.
- Guide in a different language than English, additional $70 per person will be charged in cash by our representative in Petra. Minimum 2 people per booking. A private guide will be provided in Petra site according to your chosen language.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal insurance.
- Soft drinks.
Enjoy your tour to Petra!